.The Story of Cosmetics .

[复制链接]
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2013-8-28 09:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:36 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:47 | 显示全部楼层
Q. What are some of the most harmful ingredients in products?
2 W. W! B, E6 G% X; @; i4 \
0 c# D, S* Y3 U' ?* n) K1 I( kA. Mercury (often listed as thimerosal on ingredient labels), found in some eye drops, ointment and deodorants; lead acetate, found in some hair dyes and cleanser; formaldehyde and toluene, found in nail products; petrochemicals, found in some hair relaxers, shampoos, mascara, perfume, foundation, lipstick and lip balm; coal tar, found in dandruff shampoos, anti-itch creams and hair dyes; placenta, found in some hair relaxers, moisturizers and toners; and phthalates, found in some nail polish, fragrances and hair spray.
% t  Q; J' H9 J7 h
1 T9 A* H$ z# R4 @! F. NAll of these ingredients can be found in our brochure, Unmasked: 10 Ugly Truths Behind the Myth of Cosmetic Safety.
9 \/ ]  i( ^+ [6 r! N: C+ U  k5 k2 O5 a  m# _
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:47 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
Q. So I should buy products labeled "all-natural"?
4 f  h, H7 t- m2 _! j" z! i# u. |' U/ ~- }
A. Looking for the words “natural” or “safe” won’t guarantee that the product you buy really is safe. That’s why we’re asking all manufacturers to sign the Compact for Safe Cosmetics and pledge not to use chemicals linked to cancer, birth defects and other health harms and replace them with safer alternatives. 2 O3 o+ b1 L* I: X# B8 J  S4 j

: L1 h3 N) N" m& e! s
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:48 | 显示全部楼层
Q: I don’t see Arbonne, Avon, Mary Kay, Melaleuca or other similar companies listed on your website, even though they claim to be “safe,” “natural” or donate money to breast cancer research. What’s the deal?
1 @# q) J7 m, A" u! L- P8 [; R$ @9 S& U& v& A( Q
A: Arbonne, Avon, Mary Kay and Melaleuca are aware of the Compact for Safe Cosmetics but have refused to sign it. If they are truly supporting women’s health and making “safe” products, it shouldn’t be too hard for them to sign the Compact. Hundreds of companies have signed the Compact, a commitment to manufacture personal care products free of known and suspected toxic chemicals.
1 E% ]7 b7 l5 W% l( o  w/ M
3 v" ?# y6 e8 c) B2 V( jThe Campaign for Safe Cosmetics does not endorse or hand-pick “safe” companies to refer customers to. The growing list of safer companies on our Web site is comprised solely of companies that have signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. If you don’t see a company on the list, we encourage you to send a letter letting them know about the Compact and urging them to sign it.
* X4 A& S) ^! O5 G5 \! E5 X
' K" b& h- A1 x, k& J% n6 OFor a sample letter to get you started, please check out the Materials section of the website.
. e) {' K6 l9 G! ?/ B7 A
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:49 | 显示全部楼层
Q: How do I know if a particular product is safe? : [4 Q. C) [) v) B' W
# l% q8 B1 f/ Z( V1 c. p
A: To find safety information on specific products, check out EWG's Skin Deep, the online database of nearly 25,000 personal care products. You can search the database for specific brands or ingredients, or for product types, like nail polish, to see how brands within that product class compare. Skin Deep will also tell you if a company has signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. We recommend supporting Compact signers over non-signers when possible because Compact-signing companies have made a meaningful commitment to create safer products. & M2 |! C* N: [6 [  F, W+ e# w

: |. ^; F. l& F' U7 u* D
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:50 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Q. What are phthalates? Where are they found? 9 H# Z! `9 e' P# c
* L) l( c$ p: M; f' l
A. Phthalates (pronounced THA-lates) are plasticizing chemicals that are probable human reproductive or developmental toxins and endocrine disruptors. Phthalates cause reproductive birth defects in laboratory animals, particularly males.
/ L% }+ `, T% x( J0 j9 x$ {; r+ A& v# d$ B/ g/ E: W
Two phthalates often used in cosmetics (dibutyl and diethylhexyl) have been banned in the European Union. Unfortunately, phthalates are still found in some nail polishes and hair sprays, and are commonly hidden on ingredient labels under the term “fragrance.” We recommend that consumers steer clear of products with fragrance, especially pregnant women, babies and pubescent young adults.
8 p4 U$ V4 K  w6 {! O2 |+ \" p" w
( O$ `9 b' N) m0 OFor more information, please read our reports, "A Little Prettier" (2008) "Not Too Pretty" (2002). 2 Z8 @  Y3 k3 u4 A( I) w

$ f, R& v7 v1 Y% A
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:51 | 显示全部楼层
Q. I’ve been reading a lot about parabens and companies going “paraben-free.” What does that mean? " Y- y) \! o+ ~2 r+ G1 H

: a5 w6 Q0 s6 s) CA. Parabens are a group of compounds widely used as anti-microbial preservatives in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products, including underarm deodorants. Parabens are absorbed through intact skin and through the gastrointestinal tract and blood. U.K. researchers found measurable concentrations of six different parabens in 20 human breast tumors. The study highlights the need for more research on the potential link between products containing parabens and increased breast cancer risk. + T  T9 {& h& P/ I# I) N
# ^/ S* N2 r3 O8 i
Many companies, including Compact signers, have begun phasing out parabens from their lines by marking their products as “paraben-free.” Parabens are commonly listed on product ingredient labels as methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben and butylparaben.8 S$ m- P/ b3 C) G6 K* x$ h: I1 {
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:52 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Q. What about nail polish?
1 v' C0 Y& @; g6 r% g% U/ U
# @0 h2 q. Q+ F& M* M/ ZA. So many people have asked us about nail polish that we created a separate page for information about it. According to EWG's Skin Deep database of cosmetic product safety, nail polish is among the highest-concern product categories in terms of serious health effects. This has to do in large part to the chemicals formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalate (DBP), all three of which make it into the top ingredients of concern in personal care products, and all three of which could be found in many brands of nail polish until very recently. # E/ D4 S& J+ B6 J; _( C8 r

9 j% a* b" _2 tMany smaller nail polish manufacturers removed these chemicals from their products long ago. And while European laws forced many international companies to stop using DBP in 2005, some holdouts were still using the chemical in their U.S. lines. In 2006, Del Laboratories, Inc., which makes the Sally Hansen brand, told the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics that it would remove all DBP, toluene and formaldehyde from their U.S. products. At that time, leading salon brand (and target of Campaign actions and ads) OPI agreed to remove DBP, but refused to eliminate formaldehyde and toluene from all of their nail polishes and treatments.
9 Q# Y6 D# q) g3 B/ y% P! m9 d* Z7 L/ Q% m6 O. r) E: V* B. T1 t" n
In March 2007, OPI reported that it was reformulating all of its products to be toluene-free.0 F, W# H0 ~9 N3 J
. K' y& H& L# F7 f
The U.S. National Toxicology Program says formaldehyde is “reasonably anticipated” to be a human carcinogen. Meanwhile, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) restricts toluene in drinking water because it can cause nervous system disorders and damage the liver and kidneys. DBP is prohibited for use in cosmetics in the European Union because it is a possible human reproductive or developmental toxin. The data from several peer-reviewed scientific studies indicated that DBP is a probable endocrine disruptor, which means that it disrupts the natural balance of hormones in the body.
! m6 Y$ h$ {: F1 [6 m! e+ N  t; b, T' y
; x$ y8 h. _5 W% h9 c* [! Z
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:52 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Q: Where can I find information on sunscreens?
, D1 O: h; F: i: J; A1 k& C' r$ B5 [- `7 ?
A: Environmental Working Group's 2011 investigation of more than 600 sunscreen products found that 4 out of 5 contain chemicals that may pose health hazards or don't adequately protect skin from the sun's damaging rays. Some sunscreen makers are using nanotechnology in their products, and not always telling consumers about these risky nano-sized ingredients. Friends of the Earth published a report in 2007 focusing on nanotechnology and sunscreen, which is available on their website.
7 O9 }' m  E- J: g6 L
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:53 | 显示全部楼层
Can I really get exposed to as much formaldehyde eating Brussels sprouts or apples as I can from a Brazilian Blowout treatment?- c) @. H8 J7 x  M' {$ A
: Q( ?) J) j. b. d+ p
A:  In a word, no. This is a myth perpetuated by defenders of Brazilian Blowout and other keratin hair-straightening products. Apples and some other fruits and vegetables do contain naturally occurring formaldehyde, typically around 10 mg/kg (or parts per million), or 0.001 percent. But the levels of formaldehyde found in Brazilian Blowout by Oregon OSHA in 2010 were close to 10 percent, 10,000 times higher than the levels of formaldehyde found in apples.: n( h5 M% w' z. C8 s2 _' X
5 z8 B# ^* |% Z8 W, \8 x( b0 P
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 09:56 | 显示全部楼层

EWG's Skin Deep Database

本帖最后由 PTL 于 2013-8-28 11:40 编辑
9 m3 A! q) C' D( o( s# o$ A
4 Y" O) U4 o: z: Shttp://www.ewg.org/skindeep/5 i- c- p) u: H# O

5 ^* D- x4 }7 v% ~+ ]' WPlease check the top navigation bar for product categories.
大型搬家
鲜花(327) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-28 10:39 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
Shampoo: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/browse/shampoo/. ~: p8 b1 D8 a1 [7 @$ O

. C' v3 o' A: B; _0 C3 \
鲜花(20) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2013-8-28 20:59 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-10-6 03:23 , Processed in 0.157610 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.